Thunderbolt2 16 Port USB Hub
In healthcare applications, the perfect way to provision and re-deploy large number of devices.
Transfer Speeds of up to 20 Gbits per second!
If you have large data syncing requirements and want to take advantage of the data transfer speeds offered by Thunderbolt, the Cambrionix ThunderSync2-16 will be the perfect way to meet your needs. This advanced 16-port Thunderbolt hub developed by our partner, Cambrionix, delivers increased speeds for transferring data between a host Thunderbolt connection and 16 attached devices, even USB2.0 devices.
As the name suggests, the ThunderSync2-16 has 16 USB2.0 ports, but it offers a full 480Mbps data rate to each of the 16 USB2.0 devices and transfers this data (480Mbps x 16 = 7.68Gbps), over Thunderbolt (20Gbps) to the host computer. This means you can transfer data to 16 USB devices in the same time as transferring to a single USB device.
With an internal 320W power supply, and each port offering 2.4A, you have the power to charge your USB devices too. Cambrionix ThunderSync2 offers universal charging and its device charging profiles can be updated should new charging profiles appear on the market or if we add new features. Updating the firmware is quick (and free of charge) and we supply the Cambrionix FW Updater App for this purpose.
Internally, ThunderSync2 contains an Intel and Apple, Thunderbolt Certified, design which provides a robust interface between large numbers of USB devices and the Thunderbolt interface. We utilise a number of programmable components and microcontrollers in order to get the very best from the various internal interfaces within ThunderSync2, providing robust, high speed data transfer for the most demanding and mission-critical applications.
ThunderSync2 supports our unique application programming interface (API) which allows you and third-party software developers to automate, monitor and control each port programmatically. With the API, you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time and control the 32x front panel LEDs, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more. The API is a free download for users.
Some computers are limited in the number of USB devices that can be attached. The ThunderSync2 does not have this limitation due to each port having its own USB host controller.
Cambrionix ThunderSync2-16 features:
- Compact, durable, easy-to-use form factor
- Up to 12 watts, 2.4 amps of charge to each of the 16 ports simultaneously. 200 Watts total power across all ports.
- Full 480Mbps bandwidth to each USB2.0 device simultaneously.
- 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 host interface.
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc.
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and monitoring of ports. Available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm).
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining multiple ThunderSync2’s or other Thunderbolt peripherals.
- Compatible with Apple Configurator, iTunes and most MDM software packages as well as GroundControl and Mobile Heartbeat.
- Live Viewer App.
- The internal architecture of ThunderSync2 is such that it has 4 times more USB endpoints than a typical host computer. This is a clear benefit for applications which suffer from endpoint limitations when using standard USB hub architectures.
- 2 Year RTB warranty.
- UL Certified
- UK designed and manufactured by Cambrionix
- Speeds in test scenario: 5GB file transfer to 16 devices was four minutes compared to more than 40 minutes (in a typical USB transfer scenario). That is 10x. We have been told of field experience of 2x-16x.
* Improved performance is possible with faster computer hardware. Lower performance hardware may result in slower data transfer speeds than what is demonstrated in the product video shown on our web site and conducted by Cambrionix. Examples of factors that may affect performance: the SSD, host processor, host MacBook or iMac, OS or other software, RAM on host, cables, etc. Consult your IT department for the optimal configuration to take advantage of the speed of the ThunderSync2. Please go to our website for more details.
Performance tests were conducted by Cambrionix using 16 iPad 2’s with the ThunderSync2 connected to a 2015 MacBook Pro Retina host, equipped with 8GB ram and an SSD running OSX Sierra 10.12 and iTunes 12.5. Apple Lightning-USB and Thunderbolt cables were used between the iPads and ThunderSync2 and ThunderSync2 and the host, respectively.
To test the sync speed, a 2.3gb video was queued to each iPad but was not transferred, When all the iPads had the video file queued, the ThunderSync2 was unplugged, then re-connected to the host and a timer was started, iTunes would start transferring the movie to all 16 iPads simultaneously, the timer was stopped when this process was finished.
Some test times (16 iPads 2.3GB video) were:
ThunderSync2 – 2m:48s
U16 – 20m:45s
Cambrionix ThunderSync2 – Process data up/to 16 x faster!
If you are working in an environment that requires large amounts of data throughput, or you need to be able to connect a large number of devices to a single host computer without reducing data transfer speed, ThunderSync2 gives you that ability. Perfect for mobile device OEMs, mobile phone re-marketing companies, software and hardware test labs, open device labs, IT outsourcing companies, 4k video content and VR specialists. It is perfect for provisioning and re-deploying large numbers of devices.
• ThunderSync2 operates at up to 20Gbits per second and provides 16 480Mbits per second High-Speed USB2.0 ports!
The Unique Cambrionix API – For Advanced Programming
For more technical users, we can provide a Mac, Windows and Linux API (Application Programming Interface), enabling you to develop your own scripts for testing procedures and monitoring. Our API also offers individual USB port controls allowing you to change the status of each individual USB port using your own script via our Cambrionix API. Our API has been used by customers and third-party software developers (such as GroundControl) to create seamless and sophisticated device management capabilities.
Cambrionix ThunderSync2 – The fastest way to transfer data and test devices!
Whatever task you are responsible for, make sure you do it faster with the ThunderSync2!
- Independently safety tested by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) under file #E346549.
- CE tested and marked.
- CB certificate.
- FCC Part 15 tested and marked.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Thunderbolt certification from Intel and Apple.
- China CCC certification (pending).
- Japanese PSE certification (pending).
- ThunderSync2 offers ESD protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection and over-temperature protection and complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0 to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- PSU AC Input: 100-240V / 3A Max / 47-63Hz.
- DC Output: 5.2V / 2.4A per USB port.
- Approx Unit Size: 310 x 120 x 80 (L x W x H)
- Approx Unit Weight (excl power cord): 1.8kg (2kg boxed weight including accessories)
- What’s in the box: ThunderSync16 / Country specific power cord (1m) / Thunderbolt Cable (0.5m) / User Guide