UniDock™ in Healthcare for Mobile Communications
If you reached this page, you are already working to configure and manage your mission critical mobile communication devices. As the latest, most innovative part of our extensive suite of charging, syncing and security solutions for mobile devices, Datamation Systems developed the UniDock to address the specific needs of healthcare providers.
It is the first drop-and-go docking charge and management solution that handles iOS or Android devices in most protective cases and many mophie/sled attachments. It was developed for hospitals, nursing homes, chronic care centers and other institutions that use mobile devices as part of their daily operation.
It integrates to tethered management software, such as Apple Configurator, GroundControl and virtually any USB-managed software. And it is built with an advanced, open API for user-designed scripts. It is future-proof, with user-updateable firmware.
Available in a variety of sizes to fit your deployment needs (8, 16, 24 iPhones and similar mobile devices)
Why is the UniDock Smart hub unique?
- It can be configured to easily dock almost any mobile device (iOS and Android).
- It eliminates the tangle and hassle of connecting cables for true dock-and-go charging and management connections; easier for busy nursing staff.
- Adjustable guides handle a variety of devices with virtually any case and many battery packs and sleds. And these can be adjusted for future models.
- It can be provided with Lightning or micro-USB connectors and can be retrofitted in the future.
- It provides charge and sync functions simultaneously.
- It integrates with most tethered management software, such as Apple Configurator and GroundControl. Tethered connections are now preferred for provisioning and updating devices with patient data and other sensitive information. Tethered management also avoids stresses on wireless networks for large data updates on a significant number of devices.
- It is built on an open API for user-designed scripts. UniDock and most of our other universal hubs can be integrated to existing applications offering enterprise wide control of devices while connected for charging and syncing.
- It has future-proof, user-updateable firmware to make sure your future equipment works to its optimal standards.
- Our Live-View software can be used to monitor device status.
Datamation Systems has thousands of USB trays, enclosures and other tools in leading healthcare organizations, providing professional, durable and flexible solutions. Click here for examples.
UniDock for Mobile Healthcare
Support for Mission Critical Mobile Devices
- Universal charging hubs support almost all common smartphones and tablets, iOS, Android and Windows.
- Field-updatable firmware
- API permits real-time diagnostic, control and management of attached devices
- Lightning, micro-USB & USB-C possible, with ability to convert.
Integration with leading communication platforms and enterprise-wide systems
- Apple Configurator
- Can be used with applications like Mobile Heartbeat
- Other USB-connected management tools
- Standalone operations for operational units
Flexible platform for mixed application use
- Charge batteries
- Sync-Charge Smartphones
- Communication hubs for enterprise data collection
MULTIPLE CONFIGURATIONS – 8, 16, 24 CAPACITIES
AND UNIDOCK FOR IPADS
Manage and Charge 8 Devices
Manage and Charge 16 Devices
Manage and Charge 24 Devices
Manage and Charge 8 iPads
Available for 8, 16 or 24 iPhones and other smart phones
Contact Us for more information
Easy docking for 16 iPhones, iPods or Android devices in most protective cases. Can be daisy chained for larger capacities.
Unique docking system is “future-proof”. It can be used to handle devices from the size of a naked iPod to an iPhone 8+ in an Otterbox case.
LEDs display charge and sync functions. Scratch-resistant acrylic top helps guide the docking of devices and is easy to clean.
GroundControl directly configures Apple mobile devices through USB and indirectly manages your mobile infrastructure through third party APIs. This allows your mobile services — MDM, WiFi controllers, apps, caching servers, and DEP if you have it — to work in concert in ways you only dreamed possible. Used with the Unidock and other Datamation Systems solutions, GroundControl can:
- Digitally “sanitize” shared devices to remove personal data
- Enable “Self-Healing” of misconfigured devices
- Set up or re-provision devices with TRUE zero-touch
- An advanced Check-in/Check-out system
- Ask about “Device Lock” feature that provides an effective theft deterrent
- Ask about “Asset Locator” management tool
- Lock devices to specific apps, or lock out Apple IDs and iCloud
- Block unapproved WiFi networks
- Switch devices from one MDM server to another
- Set specific app settings for groups of devices
- Keep iOS and apps up to date to maintain security, but without interrupting the work day.
Datamation Systems partners with GroundControl, offering unique solutions to secure, charge and manage the entire range of Apple mobile devices. Along with Cambrionix, we are among the first companies to provide the ThunderSync16 hub, capable of syncing at over 20 Gbits/s using Thunderbolt host ports. In addition, GroundControl offers the UniDock and our complete range of universal USB hubs with API control.
Datamation Systems products work with Configurator and related front end management tools and can be adapted to other third party communication and management systems.
Other Mobile Device Management Solutions
Mobile Device Manager – Trays
Multiple Trays in Cabinet
Security Cabinets with Rolling Stands
“UniDock” is a trademark of Datamation Systems, Inc.